A few weeks ago, as the new school year was beginning, we asked parents to send us their first day of school photos and the response was astounding! Pictures came pouring in of CSF Scholars proudly posing in school uniforms, carrying backpacks full of new notebooks and freshly sharpened pencils.
Here are a few of the words of gratitude parents shared along with their photos:
- “My son is very happy on his first day of school and he was so proud to tell everyone that he got a scholarship.”
- “This picture wouldn’t be possible without their scholarship. Thank you.”
- “My son’s first day of school went better than I expected. When we got there, he actually didn’t want me to leave but his teacher, Miss Silva, picked him up, gave him a hug, and took him inside. That made me feel comfortable to leave knowing he was in good hands. At the end of the day he was so excited and had so much to tell me.”
- “My daughter, Sophia, had first day butterflies but loves her school very much. Thank you CSF for helping me send her to a great school.”
- “I was out of work for over two years. Just entering back into the workforce, my salary is not what it once was, so your financial support makes it possible for Eric to attend St. Mark’s, and for that I am eternally grateful.”
- “My daughter, Jelisse, was super-excited and nervous about her first day of school. However, her teacher, Mrs. Pappas, was so warm and friendly while welcoming the kindergarteners this morning. She made my daughter feel more comfortable and less nervous.”
You can view more back to school photos on CSF’s Facebook page.