Aubrey Mory, a 5th grade CSF student, is no stranger to city life, but she still made the 3,000 mile trip from Anaheim ready to appreciate the Big Apple. This CSF super star* visited us on part of her leg through NYC and as soon as she stepped through the door, her personality shone. She is a bright, confident, and thoughtful young lady with big dreams. She is taking karate lessons and actively learns about the criminal justice system in order to pursue her dream of becoming an FBI agent. Aubrey told us all about her visit, including an upcoming trip to Washington, D.C. to hopefully visit the National Museum of Crime & Punishment. Whoa! Here is a quick snapshot of Aubrey’s visit to NYC.
- Empire State Building: Aubrey cleverly inquired about how fast a paper plane would fall if it dropped from the top of the building. Very fast! A penny would drop at about 200 mph!
- Baseball: A huge sports fan, Aubrey and her family planned to watch a game while in town. Aubrey plays several sports, including volleyball, tennis, soccer, and of course, karate.
- Dog Park: A classic NYC entity, Aubrey paid a visit to her aunt’s local dog park in hopes of convincing her family that she herself can have a dog of her own. While at the park, she saw a “Missing Dog” sign, and briefly thought she had found the dog, although she was sadly mistaken. Good effort, Aubrey!
- Bronx Zoo: Aubrey told us about all the animals she saw, especially the tropical birds – even one with a banana-like beak on its head! Her favorite were the camels, but she did admit to having multiple favorites.
- Statue of Liberty: Although she couldn’t go all the way to the top of the crown (tickets have been sold for months – get ‘em soon!) Aubrey appreciated its grandeur and symbolism.
- Chinatown & Koreatown: Aubrey has a passion for Asian culture and very much enjoyed visiting both cultural locations. She made sure to take home some posters of famous pop stars!
Her trip covered so much: city landmarks, entertainment, educational, and cultural! Next time you are in NYC, make sure to take the Aubrey tour, and don’t forget about visiting us too!
Thanks for visiting, Aubrey!*She and her family are close to Mayor Curt Pringle (a CSF supporter), and Aubrey had the honor of introducing him at the State of the City address this year. Read more here.