Published October 16, 2013
CSF in the News , Philanthropy
We are happy to announce that Children’s Scholarship Fund (CSF) has been honored with a prestigious 2013 Top-Rated Award by GreatNonprofits, the leading provider of user reviews about nonprofit organizations.
The Top-Rated Nonprofit award is based on the large number of positive reviews that CSF received – reviews written by volunteers, donors and clients. For example, one CSF parent wrote, “There is no greater gift that anybody can give to a child than a good education and that is what this organization is doing for my family.”
You can read all the reviews of CSF on the GreatNonprofits website.
Published October 10, 2013
A few weeks ago, as the new school year was beginning, we asked parents to send us their first day of school photos and the response was astounding! Pictures came pouring in of CSF Scholars proudly posing in school uniforms, carrying backpacks full of new notebooks and freshly sharpened pencils.
Here are a few of the words of gratitude parents shared along with their photos:
- “My son is very happy on his first day of school and he was so proud to tell everyone that he got a scholarship.”
- “This picture wouldn’t be possible without their scholarship. Thank you.”
- “My son’s first day of school went better than I expected. When we got there, he actually didn’t want me to leave but his teacher, Miss Silva, picked him up, gave him a hug, and took him inside. That made me feel comfortable to leave knowing he was in good hands. At the end of the day he was so excited and had so much to tell me.”
- “My daughter, Sophia, had first day butterflies but loves her school very much. Thank you CSF for helping me send her to a great school.”
- “I was out of work for over two years. Just entering back into the workforce, my salary is not what it once was, so your financial support makes it possible for Eric to attend St. Mark’s, and for that I am eternally grateful.”
- “My daughter, Jelisse, was super-excited and nervous about her first day of school. However, her teacher, Mrs. Pappas, was so warm and friendly while welcoming the kindergarteners this morning. She made my daughter feel more comfortable and less nervous.”
You can view more back to school photos on CSF’s Facebook page.